Your creative development deserves clarity, connection, and support from people who have the knowledge and expertise to help you pursue your calling.
Artnerd Society is Here to Help!
We are building a network of generous, talented, focused, relentless, and kind people who appreciate the value of making meaningful things, even if no one else around them does.
Here is how Artnerd Society will help you:
Cultivate your Creativity
Find inspiration through the work, thought-provoking conversations, and expert perspectives of an ever-growing network of creative professionals.
Build your Practice
Increase your skill sets and make better, more well-informed decisions about your creative and professional practices by collaborating with and learning from fellow members.
Share your Calling
Foster relationships with fellow creatives who share your interests and values by exchanging stories, experiences, and ideas about creative and professional development.
Ask yourself, am I an Artnerd?
Do any of these symptoms sound vaguely familiar?
- Instead of paying attention in algebra class you manically draw characters for a film you have in your head that finally answers the age-old question of who would win in an epic space battle between Genghis Kahn and Beyoncé.
- You have ruined multiple pairs of jeans by covering them in ballpoint pen tattoo designs, cutting those jeans into strips and then sewing them all together in bag form.
- In that bag, you can’t find your car keys because it is full of sketches, and paints, and brushes, and pens, and sticky tac, and napkins full of ideas.
- The last time you saw an amazing film, or photograph, or painting, or animation, or design you thought to yourself “F%&*, I wish I had made that!”.
- You then proceed to obsessively research that film, or photograph, or painting or animation or design by finding everything the creator ever made and every influence they had.
- After absorbing everything you can about the work and the artist, you start to make something better.
If any of that sounds familiar then you, my friend, are definitely an Artnerd. You are welcome, One of US!
I hope you will join us free of charge and add to the strength and diversity of voices within our Artnerd Society.
Jeff Tyack - Artist, Educator, Founder and Host of Artnerd Society